Corner Inlet College is a new, co-educational, independent secondary school planning to open in 2025 (subject to VRQA approval). We invite interested families to view our philosophy and attend an upcoming family gathering to meet the CIC team.
Corner Inlet College Philosophy
Corner Inlet College aims to create a learning environment focused on equality; where respect for self, others, and the natural environment is embedded. We value student-centred learning, and our ambition is for every Corner Inlet College student to enjoy equal opportunities and access to an exceptional learning program.
Corner Inlet College aims to:
Deliver the Victorian Curriculum within a progressive, evidence-based learning and teaching program,
Generate a love for learning and creativity, motivated through a journey towards self-actualisation,
Understand each student’s unique learning style, accommodation requirements and reduce barriers to understanding,
Designed student-centred learning, through a program that aligns education with individual interests,
To develop opportunities for real world learning and encourage global thinking and understand cultural interconnectedness,
To embed respect and understanding for our natural environments,
To develop learners with growth-mindsets, emotional awareness and skills to express themselves and ask for what they need,
Provide continual learning opportunities for members of our school and governance teams.
Corner Inlet College is characterised by three key Values: Curiosity, Connection and Compassion. These form the foundation for our school’s culture and are underpinned by evidence-based learning and teaching strategies.
Developing a life-long love for learning
Connecting our learners to their world
Valuing care, uniqueness and wellbeing
We endeavour to provide equal opportunities and access to an exceptional learning program that meets the needs of all students. And we maintain high academic standards through our delivery of an individualised education program.
Our learners discover their passions and engage in learning experiences that extend out into the local environment and local community. Corner Inlet College students notice, design, act and reflect on the world around them.
To ensure self-determination and fulfilling lives, we work closely with our students to encourage a growth mindset and a love for life-long learning. Corner Inlet College staff hold high expectations of themselves and for every learner.
Corner Inlet College is set amongst farmlands and native forest, overlooking the vast tidal wetlands and islands of Corner Inlet Marine National Park and Yirruk Wamoon (Wilson’s Promontory National Park). We encourage the students to learn through and within nature, to grow into conscious guardians of the earth.
Corner Inlet College is Committed to Democratic Principles
We are committed to:
• elected government;
• the rule of law;
• equal rights for all before the law;
• freedom of religion;
• freedom of speech and association; and
• the values of openness and tolerance.
Corner Inlet College Commitment to Democratic Principles
• We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government
• We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law
• We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes
• We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding others’ beliefs
• We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom
• We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.
This Statement of Democratic Principles is communicated to staff, students, parents and guardians and the CIC school community.